High Fliers Research is an independent market research company specialising in student and graduate research. In association with The Times, we produce The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers careers directory and website. Many graduate employers, including the BBC, Dyson, PwC, Allen & Overy and the Civil Service Fast Stream – have a keen interest in the results, and your role would play a crucial part in this process.
In order to conduct our research, each year we recruit a University Manager at each of the UK’s 30 leading universities to coordinate a variety of campus-based market research and project management tasks. All University Managers will provide support to the Research Manager at High Fliers by completing tasks to a high standard, by set deadlines.
Successful candidates must be:
– Entering their final year of studies in September 2020 (graduating 2021)
– Well connected around university, with good links to societies, clubs and other students
– An outgoing individual with excellent communication skills
– Highly organised with outstanding time management skills as tasks will need to be completed alongside final year studies
– Able to commit to 5-12 hours a week, depending on the time of year
University Managers will conduct three key tasks:
– Orchestrating a series of focus groups over a two-week period
– Registering a target number of students to our Times Top 100 Graduate Employers website
– Advertising for, interviewing and then training a team of fellow students as Interviewers – they must be well connected students who are able to collect data from their social circles – to ensure the team collectively reaches the university-wide survey target.
It is a challenging position for a final year student but if you are successful you will enjoy competitive benefits and gain invaluable experience to take to future graduate employers. The role offers a competitive pay rate, flexible working hours and an unrivalled insight into the graduate recruitment market.
*COVID-19 UPDATE – Please note, there may be some changes to the above tasks as time goes on. Tasks may be moved online with limited face-to-face contact with other students, if necessary. University Manager position will be filled on a ROLLING BASIS as to allow us enough time to consider the structure of our research.